Thursday, December 21, 2006

Down to the wire

At 5:00 last night I finished grafting the toes on a pair of socks that were to be delivered at dinner at 6:30. Both pairs were very well received last night and I have it on good authority that one pair at least was worn to work today. That right there is the joy of giving hand made gifts.

So now I have one more pair that needs finishing (I'm working on the heel flap) before Monday and I'm home free. The hubby already knows he's getting socks in January and I'll work in them on the plane to California.

Since I'm not entirely sure where my camera is at this moment, I have no pictures today. I'm madly trying to get everything done at work so I can leave for a week and not have a disaster when I return.

Wish me luck, I'll let you know in January how things turned out...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Dawn,
Have a great holiday and an awesome vacation. Great job on getting all those socks done...give yourself a Christmas gift and work on something you WANT to work on soon.
See you soon!