Monday, September 24, 2007

Wanted: more time.

My ravelry invite came last week. In fact it came the same day as the Harlot visited Seattle. Me and my Jayne hat made her blog! So today I've been playing around on Ravelry. My ID is Visionsister, let's be friends! I've done some things from memory, but have realized that I'm going to have to sit down at home and devote some time to sorting out my stuff so I can list it. Crazy! It's the new crack.

I have officially given up on the idea that I'm going to be able to wear my mystery stole any time soon. I still love the project, but the charts require a level of concentration that I don't have available just now. Since I have sort of set a precedent of wearing something hand knit for Samhain I was in a bit of a pickle. Until yesterday. I accidentally fell in to Village Yarn & Tea and bought yarn. And a pattern. And beads. oops! It's a lace wrap with a simple pattern that shouldn't take too long to memorize. I'm using Misti Alpaca lace in a berry sorbet kind of color. It's 2-ply and each ply is a different shade of berry. I'm loving it so far. Luckily the beads are only on the border. You knit 2 halves and graft them together in the middle. That being the case, I'm knitting both halves at the same time. I did the beaded bit last night and have almost finished the first lace repeat today. I have 5 weeks to finish. Think I'll make it?

No comments: