Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, my actual birthday isn't until the 31st, but I usually have the birthday bash on Memorial Day weekend. This year has been pretty low key. There will be karaoke on Saturday night and a BBQ on Monday, but I have been too busy and tired to put much effort into big plans this year. I don't even know what I'm going to do as my special treat for myself on Thursday. Perhaps a pedicure, I've been wanting one for a while now and haven't found the time. Last year I did the whole spa package and it was nice, but again with the meh this year.

The knitting has been pretty slow. I haven't found a gauge I'm happy with for the Jayne hats so they've been put on hold. I think I'll need to go back to bigger needles and try doubling the yarn. The sockapalooza socks haven't seen much action because I haven't memorized the pattern and haven't had much uninterrupted knitting time with the brain cells to work on them. Hopefully this weekend will provide some time for those. The pattern for the cotton wrap store sample is totally easy and now memorized, so that's been getting the most consistant work. The yarn is still splitty, the pattern is almost boring at this point and I'm just about to join the second of 5 skeins, so you can predict the boredom factor kicking in there...

It's my birthday and I feel a distinct lack of enthusiasm. Lame. At least the lawn is mowed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Sockergirl said...

Good luck with skien number 3 and 4. It is just around the corner!