Monday, January 13, 2014

Another New Year

I seriously thought about skipping making any knitting goals this year.  I haven't done a great job with meeting those goals in the past, so I thought if I'm just going to knit whatever I want anyway, that might as well be my goal.  Then I took stock of the sock situation.  My sock drawer is full of socks, but many of those pairs are too thin to wear or are on the verge of sprouting holes.  The hubby's sock drawer is in a little better shape, but the clock is ticking there as well.  So here it is.

Knitting goals 2014:

  • Knit a pair of socks each month. Odd months will be hubby socks, even months will be mine.  I know I have plenty of yarn in the stash for this, I may go lay it all out right now.
  • Finish a sweater.  There are options here both in the already started and the I really want to start this list.  Again, the yarn is ready to go, I just need to commit to one and make it happen.
  • Finish the Balmoral Shawl.  It is a large lace project, but the most complicated part is done, so steady progress should get it done.
That's it.  Totally doable.  I hope that writing this out here will help give my year some focus.  We will see.

No comments: