Friday, January 31, 2014

January Success!

First things first, allow me to show you January's socks.

These were knit from Periwinkle Sheep Wink in the Pale Orchid colorway.  These were completed on January 23rd, and I reached my shawl goal on the 24th.  That gave me a solid week to work on the sweater.

I chose to cast on Armande in some Tosh Vintage that has been lingering in the stash.  The colorway is Clematis, and this is the third sweater I've had in mind for this yarn.  Both of the other sweaters were things I loved the look of, but when I read the pattern I decided I didn't like them enough.  Since this is my "dessert knitting" for a while, I wanted something that would be an easy win.  So far so good!

I have already cast on February's socks in Hazel Knits Artisan Sock.  The colorway is of course Hometeam Football!  It is an older skein, so the colors are more "vintage", but I will be knitting on this sock while cheering for our Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Sunday.  Go Hawks!

No comments: